It’s been fourteen days since we last talked,
I know you're not as sad as I am.
You’re out there, living, laughing,
While I’m here, always wishing you the best.
No matter how much it hurts me so deeply,
No matter how my best friend says you're not the one for me,
I can’t deny what I see in you:
A kind heart,
A quiet kindness,
A pure soul.
Yes, sometimes your emotions waver,
But they don’t change how I feel for you.
In the end, I know the truth:
No matter how hard I try,
I was never yours—
Even though you’ve always been theirs.
I wish you the best in everything:
In life, in love,
In whatever brings you happiness.
And if you ever need me,
I’ll still be here.
Perhaps it sounds poetic, even a bit melancholic,
But this is who I am—
Truly and purely.
Comments
Post a Comment